Ghati Subramanya Temple is 600 years old temple of Ghorpade rulers of Sandur who ruled parts of Bellary. It is the belief of devotees that childless couples making vows shall be blessed with children by the lord.
Once deity appeared in the dreams of the king by revealing the location of the idols. The king, with the help of the locals, found the idol of Subramanya Swamy and then ordered the construction of a temple around him.
Ghati is the place where Subramanya Swamy performed penance in the form of a snake. He did penance in these mountains before fighting with the demon Tharakasura. This is the same place where Lord Subramanya prayed Lord Narasimha Swamy to offer protection to the Naga family from Garuda. Garuda is the Vahana of Lord Vishnu, is known for his enmity towards the Snake family.
6:00 AM to 8:30 PM.
Abhisheka Timings: 8:30 AM
Maha Mangala Arathi: 10:30 AM and 8:30 PM
1) Panchamrutha Abhisheka
2) Ekavaara Rudrabhisheka
3) Ekadashavaara Rudrabhisheka
9) Chikka Rathotsava
10) Aksharabhyasa, Annapraasana, Naamakarana, Kivi chucchuvudu(Ear boring)
11) Abhishekada Shaashvata Seve
12) Annadaana Shaashvata Seve
13) Bele (Daal) Seva
14) Two / Four Wheeler Pooja
16) Sarva Seva (instead of Sukhanasi Seva)
17) 1-day Annadaana Prasada
18) Navagraha Shanti or Sarpa Shanti or Aashlesha Bali
19) Sarpa Samskara
21) Mass Aashlesha Bali (Saamoohika)
22) Mass Sarpa Samskara (Saamoohika)
23) Akki (Rice) Seva
24) Bella (Jaggery) Seva
Festivals and Pujas
2) Narasimha Jayanti
3) Kuja Dosha, Naga Pratistha, Sarpa Dosha and Nivarana Puja.
4) The devotees strongly believe by visiting the temple the childless couples without children will be able to conceive.
5) Another ritual practiced here is the installation of snake idols near the temple, which is believed to be an auspicious act and offers.
Food to Devotees
Temple Administration is performing Free Annadhanam daily for the lunch.
Ghati Subramanya Temple Contact Number
080 2765 7131
How to Reach
By Air: Nearest one is Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru – 47 kms.
By Train: Makali Durga Railways station is nearest one which is 6km to temple, Train is on the Bengaluru – Guntakal line.
By Road: Nearest Busstand is Doddaballapur which is 15kms to temple, direct buses are available. Ghati Subrahmanya it is about 60 kms from Bengaluru and has to be reached via Doddaballapur.
Ghati Shri Subrahmanya Temple, S.S.Ghati Post, Doddaballapur Taluk, Bengaluru Rural District – 561 203, Karnataka.